- 6 12oz (375gr) whole sea bream
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed (crushed) (optional)
- 1/2 cup Chimi Sauce hot or mild
- Clean and scale fish, rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut 2 to 3 shallow diagonal slashes into each side of fish.
Spread some of the garlic inside each fish.
Spread Chimi sauce on fish, place in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook on barbecue until flesh flakes when tested at the thickest part with a knife point, about 4 to 5 minutes on first side, then 2 to 3 minutes on other side.
Brush with extra Chimi during cooking (optional)
- Lift carefully from barbecue and serve hot with salad.
* Fresh fish filets can also be used for this recipe instead of whole fish.