- 500g finely ground (mince) chicken
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 90gr cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (30g) soft breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Plain flour
- Olive or sunflower oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Chimi sauce hot or mild
- Combine mince, ham,onion, Chimi sauce, bread crumbs and eggs in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then mix again, using hands, shape into large walnut- sized balls, place on tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour oil into fry pan until 1/2 in (1cm) deep and heat over medium- high heat.
Coat meatballs in flour and shallow fry in batches until golden brown and cooked through , about 5 minutes, turning frequently. Drain on paper
Heat trough before serving, place some Chimi Sauce in a small bowl and serve with meatballs as a dipping sauce.
* Beef, Pork or Veal mince can also be used to make the meatballs, you can also make mini balls , fry them and serve as a tapa with more Chimi sauce rather
than salsa for dipping.